This page describes the management of the website www.designdiffusion.com, owned by Design Diffusion World Srl, as regards processing of the personal data of users that visit it. This information is provided in pursuance of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and particularly of the articles 12-23 of the same regulation. The information provided only applies to www.designdiffusion.com and does not concern any other website that may be visited by users via external links.
Data controller and place where data is processed
The data controller is Design Diffusion World Srl, in the person of its pro tempore legal representative. The processing operations are carried out at the office of the data controller and at the office of designated external subjects.
Data are collected in the data center of the web hosting Netgate snc that processes them in compliance with European laws.
Visiting this website
Users voluntary transmit their personal data filling in specific forms (e.g. the form to subscribe to the newsletter). For each single form the user is informed on the purposes for which data is collected. The user can visit the website without leaving any personal data disabling cookies following the procedure described in the specific section.
Data provided voluntarily by users
Sending e-mails to the email addresses mentioned on this website entails acquisition of the sender’s address, which is necessary in order to reply to any request, as well as of such additional personal data as are contained in the message. Users’ personal data are processed if:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes and only in relation to the purposes for which consent has been given
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract
Categories of processed data
Personal and navigation data. “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier.
Navigation data. The information systems and software procedures relied upon to operate this website acquire personal data as part of their standard functioning; the transmission of such data is an inherent feature of Internet communication protocols. Such information is not collected in order to relate it to identified data subjects, however it might allow user identification per se after being processed and matched with data held by third parties. This data category includes IP addresses and/or the domain names of the computers used by any user connecting with this website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the requested resources, the time of such requests, the method used for submitting a given request to the server, returned file size, a numerical code relating to server response status (successfully performed, error, etc.), and other parameters related to the user’s operating system and computer environment.
Data processing: purposes
Personal data collected via www.designdiffusion is used:
- to send the newsletter;
- to fill in forms collecting data to request estimates and/or contacts and/or send job applications;
- for administration/accounting activities in general;
- to answer to contact request and send the required information
- to handle the user’s requests
In pursuance with the laws concerning the protection of personal data, data processing for administrative and accounting purposes are those related to organizational, administrative, financial and accounting activities regardless of the nature of data processed. In particular, internal organizational activities, those following contractual obligations’ fulfillment and information activities are related to these purposes.
The personal data provided by filling in data collection forms present on websites or data collection forms in general (e.g. name, surname, e-mail address) will be used, upon consent, by the data controller and the data processors for commercial communications and newsletters via e-mail.
Recipients of personal data
Personal data collected by the website may be accessed by individuals involved in the organization of the website (e.g. administrative, commercial, marketing staff, lawyers, system administrators) or external subjects (e.g. third party technical service providers, mail couriers, hosting providers, computing companies, communication agencies) from time to time appointed, if needed, as data processors in accordance with Article 4(8) of EU GDPR, which defines the “data processor” as a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
In any case, the updated list of data processors may be required by any user as described in the section concerning the rights of the user (i.e. by sending an e-mail to email@example.com).
Except for the aforementioned cases, personal data are not communicated to third parties unless:
- the user has given his/her consent to communication;
- communication is necessary to provide the service or product required by the user;
- communication is necessary to third parties working with Diffusion World Srl to provide the service or product required by the user (in this case only the data fundamental for service or product provision shall be communicated and it is forbidden to use the same data for different purposes);
- it is required by law.
Personal data is processed in an automated and manual form, with the means and tools to guarantee maximum security and confidentiality, by persons authorized to do so in compliance with the requirements of Articles 13-14 of the GDPR. Personal data will be processed and stored for no longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which it has been collected.
In particular, regarding:
– Newsletter: the data will be processed for sending newsletters. This means that they will be processed until the time when Design Diffusion World Srl decides to interrupt the information activity by sending newsletters or until the user decides to unsubscribe him/herself from the newsletter.
– Requests for information: for the time necessary to provide the information requested by the user.
The personal data of users in any case for which a specific consent was issued will be retained until the revocation of consent and in any case for the retention period imposed by law or by the order of an authority.
Under the Applicable Law, users are entitled at any time to obtain confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning them and be informed of its contents and origin, verify its accuracy, or else request that such data be supplemented, updated or rectified. They are also entitled to request cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed in violation of the law, and to oppose its processing in any case and for legitimate reasons. Finally, users are entitled to obtain a list of external processors appointed by the Company. To exercise their rights, or receive any other information or clarification about this information, users can contact Design Diffusion World Srl at the following address: 20135 Milano, via Lucano 3; or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Right of access
The user shall have the right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
Where personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organization, the data subject shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Article 46 relating to the transfer.
Design Diffusion World Srl specifies that:
It does not disclose personal data of users to international organizations or third countries. The data subject is entitled at any time to request that his/her personal data be rectified or deleted as described in the appropriate section (i.e. sending an e-mail to email@example.com). Personal data is not processed with totally automated means, the consent of the user who enters it in the forms provided on the website is always necessary.
Right to rectification and right to erasure
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the rectification of inaccurate personal data and the erasure of personal data. For the exercise of this right it is possible to send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay pursuant to Article 17 of the EU Regulation.
Right to restriction of processing
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
- the data subject has objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
Design Diffusion World Srl specifies that:
The processing of personal data may only occur after obtaining the user’s specific consent and only for the purposes explicitly laid down from time to time at the moment of collection of personal data. Where the data subject decides to exercise his/her right to restriction of processing, he/she shall send a written request to email@example.com.
Right to lodge a complaint
The data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.