#Designgoeson: Maurizio Riva, founder of Riva1920, describes the company’s production, with new products and long-standing best-sellers
Without the Milan Salone del Mobile, Riva1920 thought to take us to visit the company showroom, to present new products and well-established collections. The Riva1920 collections are distinguished by a wise use of various types of solid wood, such as maple, cherry, oak and walnut.
All the timbers that Riva1920 uses for its products come from protected reforestation areas. Moreover, a passion of Maurizio Riva, and of Riva1920, is the recycled timbers, such as the millenary Kauri of New Zealand, the Briccole of Venice, or the scented cedar of Lebanon.
Riva1920’s collaboration with internationally renowned architects and designers completes the picture of a company, which has always paid attention to the environment and the production processes of furniture. The great care for the details of manufacturing, makes the solid wood products works of high craftsmanship.
Read also #Designgoeson: Maurizio Riva and the importance of the italian know, during Covid-19 emergency
Read the interviews with other leading figures from the Italian design world:
- #Designgoeson: How China is recovering
- Roberto Gavazzi and Boffi | De Padova
- Filippo Santambrogio, Viva Porte and China
- Massimiliano Messina and Flou, design and Covid-19
- Maurizio Riva: Riva 1920 and communication as a means to rise again
- Nicola Coropulis: Poltrona Frau and the future of Made in Italy design
- Giovanni Del Vecchio, Giorgetti: safeguarding the supply chain
- Alberto Lualdi and online communication to start anew
- Matteo Moretti, Vistosi: this crisis will change the way we work
- Silvia Gallotti, Gallotti & Radice: taking on new challenges
- Paolo Castelli: protecting the supply chain and reinventing the Salone del Mobile
- Fabiana Scavolini and made in Italy production
- Marco Piva and China’s return to work
- Stefano Gavazzi, Concreta: the hospitality industry goes on all the same
- Angelo Meroni, Lema: the future of made in Italy