It is now possible to apply for BigMat architecture award for the best architectures built in seven European countries
The biennial architecture competition organized by BigMat is back: it is possible to apply for the fourth edition of the BigMat International Architecture Award that will choose the best architectural works built in the seven countries where the brand operates, namely Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Italy, Portugal, Slovakia and Spain.
BigMat, founded in 1981, is the leading group in Italy and in Europe of traders for construction materials. BigMat offers construction professionals and private clients, products and systems to build sustainable buildings characterized by high living comfort. From the first edition in 2013 over 2,450 projects have taken part in the competition, which has always promoted the excellence of contemporary architecture awarding energy efficiency and sustainable building – the criteria by which the entries are judged, along with comfort and livability. The competition is presided over by an international panel made of relevant figures in the architectural scenes of the participating countries, led by Jesús Aparicio (president), Doctor of Architecture and Professor at the Polytechnic University of Madrid, and Jesús Donaire (secretary), Doctor of Architecture and Associate Professor at the same university.The awards ceremony will be held on November 22nd, 2019 at Palais de la Bourse in Bordeaux (France) during the annual international congress of BigMat Group.
BASIC INFO ABOUT THE AWARD
- WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: all the architects working in one of the 7 countries where BigMat operates: Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Italy, Portugal, Slovakia and Spain.
- THE PROJECTS: to be eligible for the award, they must have been built between January 1st, 2015 and 1 January 1st, 2019 in any of the aforementioned countries
- HOW TO REGISTER: on the official website of the BigMat Architecture Award
- DEADLINE: April 26th, 2019
- AWARDS CEREMONY: Friday, November 22nd, 2019 at the Palais de la Bourse in Bordeaux
For further information about the fourth edition of the BigMat International Architecture Award 2019 please visit www.architectureaward.bigmat.com.
[Text: Giuseppe D’Orsi]